The Ultraviolette F77 is only one of the several electric motorcycles affected by the COVID-19 pandemic that had its market launch.
Yet 2021 looks like the year we’re going to see India’s first electric sports bike move into customers’ garages.
Narayan Subramaniam, founder and CEO of Ultraviolette, took the bike on a 75 km (46 miles) route from the Bengaluru head office to Nandi Hills, preceded by another 10 km (6 miles) of hilly riding after arriving at his target. It’s the first time we have checked the relatively uncommon electric motorcycle in great detail.
The elegantly built F77 is seen supporting a pillion rider and carrying a pair of additional payload hard cases, showcasing its ability to climb hills even when loaded down.
Following other mid-sized electric motorcycles like the Zero FXS, the Ultraviolette F77 is supposed to compete against 250cc gas motorcycles, sporting drivetrain components, and performance.
The F77 incorporates a 25 kW (34 hp) engine estimated to have a 3.0-second acceleration time of 0-60 km/h (0-37 mph). The group believes the bike would provide the chain-driven rear wheel with 450 Nm (330 lb-ft) of torque, which would position it well ahead of equally driven gas motorcycles.
The F77 also features a charging port for CCS, indicating it should be capable of DC Fast Loading.
There is no news yet whether the Ultraviolet F77 is ever going to be shipped outside India. Other common Indian-made electronic two-wheelers are still struggling to fulfill domestic demand before global distribution can ever be contemplated. In India, motorcycles and scooters are incredibly prevalent, and the local market has been receptive to shifting tides towards electrification.
But there will be plenty of international interest for the bike if the F77 will achieve these performance and price goals.
- Color options – Airstrike, Shadow, Laser
- Chassis color – Matte black
- R suspension color – Glass hot red
- Aluminum rim color – Slate grey
- Handlebar switches – Matte black, electric micro switch with LED backlight
- Dashboard – Ultra High-Brightness Automotive TFT LCD
- Side stand – Forged aluminum integrated side stand
- Crash guard – Matte black
- Wheel caps
- Crash guards
- Dashboard theme
- Portable Fast Charger
- Standard Charger
- Home Charging Pod
- Wheelbase – 1340 mm
- Seat height – 800 mm
- Rake – 23.5°
- Trail – 89 mm
- Kerb weight – 158 kg
- Max. power output – 25,000W @ 2250rpm
- Acceleration (0~60 km/h) – 2.9 seconds
- Range (3 battery packs) – 130 – 150km
- Acceleration (0~100 km/h) – 7.5 seconds
- Max. horsepower – 33.5hp @ 2250rpm
- Max. torque (Motor/Wheel) – 90Nm / 450Nm
- Max. speed – 147 km/h
Battery System And Charging
- Energy Modules – 3 x Modular Li-ion battery pack(s)
- Maximum Capacity – 4.2 kWh
- Charger Type -1kW standard vehicle-mounted charger with 3 kW portable charger
- Charge Time -Standard 5 hr and Fast 1.5 hr
- 10th Gen Battery Management System – Adaptive State-of-Charge(SoC) Estimation State-of-Health Estimation Algorithms
- Battery Connector – Bi-directional IP67 high-current connector
- Charging Port -CCS Charge Port
- Battery Safety System – Proprietary patented battery safety system
- MIL-STD Rugged Battery Modules – Built to withstand rough handling, rugged environments, extreme shock and vibration
- Thermal Management – Proprietary heat dissipation technology Extended-temperature range protection
- Throttle Control – The Dual hall effect sensor with zero position micro switch
- Reverse Control – Park assist reverse throttle
- Drive mode – Eco mode / Sport mode / Insane mode
- Motor controller – High efficiency and power-dense 550A 3 phase AC controller
- Motor – Passively air-cooled interior permanent magnet AC motor
- Gearbox – Single reduction helical gearbox
- Transmission -46T/14T 520 X-Ring chain drive
- iOS and Android smartphone APP
- NFC & Bluetooth – 256-bit encryption
- BLS4 Automated Battery Control System, Automated Battery Ejection, Battery Locking, and Vibration Arrestors
- Dashboard – UV Automotive Linux OS, LightSpeed Drive Interface
- Controls (Left) – The 5-way dashboard control pad, Indicator controls, Headlamp controls, Electronic Horn
- Controls (Right) – Arm/Disarm Vehicle, Mode Switching
- USB phone Charging Interface
- Variable regenerative braking
- Customizable ride modes – Speed & torque
- LED headlight with Ultra-V position light
- Front turn signal: LED lights
- Taillight assembly: Dual LED light sets with central LED brake light
- Rear and front flashers hazard light.
- Dual-channel ABS (Antilock Brake System)
- Sidestand sensor
- Lockdown mode
- Emergency contact alert
- Fall & crash sensor
- LTE connectivity with 3G, 2G Fallback, and integrated eSIM
- Adaptive dashboard brightness with Ambient Light Sensor (ALS)
- GPS/GLONASS positioning for real-time velocity and position discovery for Ride History, Vehicle Locator, and Geofencing
- Temperature, Voltage and Current Sensors with Active Tracking and Efficiency Mapping across the Vehicle
- 9-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) for Ride Analytics with built-in accelerometer, gyroscope & magnetometer and Sensor Fusion technology
- Shock and Impact sensors for Fall and Crash Detection
- Error reporting through Ultraviolette smartphone APP
- Headlight auto on/off
- Customizable Performance Profiles